Sunday, 1 January 2012

Ladies, Start Your Needles!

Now that we've finally clicked over into 2012, we can make a start!  You can upload a pic of the project/s that you'll be working on first, if you want.  Or you can just wait till Monday the 9th, when the first progress pic is due.


My first project is Maia's Byzantine.  I fell in love with it the minute I saw it and just had to get it!  I started it late last year sometime, but found the 16-count black aida really hard going.  Fortunately, it's not very big, so I just have to persevere with it.  There's quite a few beads to go onto it too, which I've never really done before.  It looks a little spooky at the moment without the eyes done, like a sugar skull or something, but she will be beautiful in the end.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This will be a great finish. I know just how hard black is to work on but just keep doing as much as you can and soon it will be a finish.

Vilma's Blog said...

Hi Jan...
Working in black can be challenging! I really hope you get it done! You will be so happy with it! It looks great!!!
Hugs, love, Vilma.

Em said...

because you have not stitched the eyes, thats why looks like skull, it will be a nice one after complete.