Monday, 23 April 2012

Just a few finishes!

I've finished "Mine!" by Brittercup Designs.  I found it in 'Just Cross Stitch' under "Sneak Peek".  It was the July/August 2010 issue.

"Mine!" by Brittercup Designs.

It was International Hermit & Stitch Weekend over the week-end, so I got down to some urgent stitching.  It's my friend Mel's 50th Birthday and I will be seeing her on Tuesday to give her a special Hardanger Birthday Card.  I got out my "Flowers with Hardanger" by Mary Hickmott, and chose to do a variation on one of her designs, using one of the motifs from a cushion.  In the Hardanger corners I did spider's web filling and diagonal dove's eye filling for the rest.  I used my own colours from my stash.  After making up the card I used some old lace and yellow ribbon to decorate the card.  I'm quite pleased with the finish.  I hope she likes it!


Hardanger Birthday Card.
Here's a close-up.

My next finish was "Toby Fox" from Cross Stitch Card Shop.  He was a free kit from the magazine.  He's one of the "Woodland Folk" by DMC.  As usual I forgot to read the instructions.  I should have used 1 strand of thread/floss, but I automatically used 2.  I did run out of thread/floss, but I had plenty of my own, so was able to finish him.

Woodland Folk - Toby Fox.

Until Next time, Happy Stitching Everyone



http://maryjoanstitching.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

me and my 6 cats said...

Waaw Mary Joan, you have been busy. I am especially impresses with your hardanger work. I love the way you made the card.

Maria

Melanie said...

Oooh, those came out great. I really love the finished christmas kitty :)

Becky said...

Toby is just the cutest - this one is in my "to do" pile.

lenna said...

Hi~ I love the little fox and the card is so nice, too. I have done Mine as I used to have cats.
Great job ~
God Bless ~

Deb said...

Your hardanger is absolutely perfect! Sooooo beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your sewing skills are just wonderful, Mary Joan. The hardanger looks so professional.