Hi Stitching Friends!
Since this is my first post, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Melanie, and I live on Cape Cod (Massachusetts, US). I have an unfortunate number of WIP's, mostly in neat ziplock bags with their patterns stored in boxes waiting until I get around to them again. But there are two right now in my active WIP bin, so figured I'd share them in the hopes that I will now get motivated to finish! I just realized that this is the first time in a long time that I don't have a MS design in my WIP bin...
First, I've been working on Mirabilia/Nora Corbett's Mermaids of the Deep. (edit) I just took a new picture of it to show where my "starting" point is. This is what it looks like tonight. I wish the sparkly fabric and iridescent threads showed up better; I'll have to get better lighting next time! I would be farther along, but I just frogged all the skin I had done, since I decided to stitch it over 1 instead of over 2. This is 40-count fabric, so at first I thought it was a horrible idea (my poor eyes). But now I'm glad I did it because it looks great. Now I just need the motivation to finish :)
Since I felt like I was getting nowhere on this one, I started a series of small projects. My most recent is from the Fantasy Bears series by Vermillion Stitchery.
Happy Stitching!
Melanie
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
www.wildsprite.com/blog
Since this is my first post, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Melanie, and I live on Cape Cod (Massachusetts, US). I have an unfortunate number of WIP's, mostly in neat ziplock bags with their patterns stored in boxes waiting until I get around to them again. But there are two right now in my active WIP bin, so figured I'd share them in the hopes that I will now get motivated to finish! I just realized that this is the first time in a long time that I don't have a MS design in my WIP bin...
First, I've been working on Mirabilia/Nora Corbett's Mermaids of the Deep. (edit) I just took a new picture of it to show where my "starting" point is. This is what it looks like tonight. I wish the sparkly fabric and iridescent threads showed up better; I'll have to get better lighting next time! I would be farther along, but I just frogged all the skin I had done, since I decided to stitch it over 1 instead of over 2. This is 40-count fabric, so at first I thought it was a horrible idea (my poor eyes). But now I'm glad I did it because it looks great. Now I just need the motivation to finish :)
Here's a link to a close-up of her skin, for anyone who wants to see my over 1 stitches. My camera doesn't do great up-close photos; I'll post a better one to my blog in a few days.
I think I might be posting between the biweekly dates, so I'll try to make progress by the next one!
Happy Stitching!
Melanie
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
www.wildsprite.com/blog

5 comments:
Oh Melanie I just love the fantasy bear one, I am going to be searching for that now!!
Thanks Becky! If you Google "Vermillion Stitchery" you get their site. These were free patterns several years ago, which I paid for on ebay since I missed them. This year's free series is very pretty (flowers in teacups).
http://www.vsccs.com/Sample%20Designs/SampleDesigns.html
O Melanie, the mermaids are mucho beautiful! It looks so great on the sparkly fabric. Will be so stunning when it's all done. Jan
The mermaid looks stunning! I love the sparkling fabric and thread and the way you stitch her skin is beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!
The mermaid looks stunning! I love the sparkling fabric and thread and the way you stitch her skin is beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!
Post a Comment